What is Aadhar Card?
An Aadhar card is a 12 digit unique identity figure issued by the UIDAI –Unique Identification Authority of Indian residents. It is provided for free to every Indian resident after meeting certain identification conditions structured the Indian Authority. Every individual of India can enroll to have his or her Aadhar card regardless of age, gender or education. At the time of the enrollment process, the individual has to give his or her demographic and biometric information without paying any charge for the same. Aadhar Enrollment can be done only once and is valid for the whole lifetime. Aadhar does not profile individuals based on their caste, religion, income, geography and health.
What is Pan Card?
PAN card is an electronic system through which all tax-related information for a person or company is recorded against a single PAN number. PAN Card is issued to individuals, companies, non-residents or anyone who pays taxes in India. No two taxpaying entities can have the same PAN Number. This is shared across the country and also acts as the primary key for storage of information.
You can enroll for PAN in 3 simple steps –
1. Submit the PAN Card application form available on the NSDL website.
2. Fill all the details in the form and read the instructions before filling the details.
3. Make payment for your PAN card, the charges applied for Indian communication address is Rs. 93 and Rs. 864 for foreign communication address.
4. Submit the supporting documents one the application and payment are accepted. The required documents are one proof of identity, a proof of address and a proof of date of birth.
How to Link Your Pan Card with Aadhar Card?
You can link your Aadhar card with the PAN online. You can check if your Aadhar is already linked to your PAN by visiting the income tax e-filing website. If you do not link your PAN with Aadhar then your PAN will become inoperative from April 1 2021. Your PAN may be already linked with Aadhar if you are already filing tax returns. You can easily link your Aadhar with PAN by following these steps-
· Open the Income Tax e-filing portal.
· Register on the website. Your PAN (Permanent Account Number) will be your user id.
· Login by entering the User ID, password and date of birth.
· Go to ‘Profile Settings’ on Menu and click on ‘Link Aadhar’.
· Your details such as name, gender and date of birth will already be mentioned as per the PAN details.
· Verify the PAN Card details on screen with the details mentioned on your Aadhar card, they both should get matched.
· If both the details match then enter your Aadhar number and click on the ‘link now’ button.
· A pop up message will appear to inform you that Aadhar has been successfully linked to your PAN.
There are other methods of linking Aadhar to your PAN :
Ø By sending SMS to PAN service providers
If your Aadhar is not getting linked with PAN on the e-filing website you can simply send as SMS to either of the PAN Service providers namely NSDL e-Governance Infrastructure Limited or UTI Infrastructure Technology And Services Limited (UTIITL). SMS has to be sent in a specific format using a keyword to either 567678 or 56161.
The format of sending the SMS is: UIDPAN <12 digit Aadhar><10 digit PAN>
This service in non-chargeable but SMS charges as levied by the mobile operator will be applicable.
Ø Manual linking by filing up on a form
You can visit a service centre of PAN Service provider, NSDL or UTITSL. Fill the form and submit the required documents. This service is not free of charge unlike the online services; you have to pay a prescribed fee to them depending on whether linking or correction is done in PAN card or Aadhar card.
Benefits of Linking PAN & Aadhar for Citizens
1. The income tax filing process gets quicker and convenient by linking the Aadhar and PAN. It will help and individual to do away with the process of physical signature and digital signature while filing the income tax.
2. Helpful in opening a bank account in any Bank in India without providing any further documents.
3. The individual is given an option to authenticate their tax filings through Aadhar card.
4. Also allow you to look through all the transactions through Income Tax Login.
Benefits of Linking PAN & Aadhar Card for Government
1. The Aadhar is linked to unique biometric identification and the problem of multiple PAN cards for tax evasion will be resolved. It will be helpful for the government in tracking all the transactions, reducing tax evasion and increasing the direct tax for the government.
2. The problem of black money will eliminate in society.
3. The wide base of taxpayers will allow the government to lower the tax rate as it will be compensated by higher revenue. Tax evasion will become a thing of a past.
Now linking your PAN and Aadhar has become mandatory for all the individuals who are paying tax to the government. There are multiple processes for linking PAN with Aadhar in India by paying a small amount of charge in offline and online process. Linking the PAN and Aadhar will be helpful for the government as well as individuals.
If you are planning to start your own business regarding Aadhar & Pan card at low investment. You can visit the following reference link.